Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Christopher Montgomery's Summer Project/Missions Blog: DAY 5

Campus Crusade for Christ's Chicago Summer Project 2011

DAY 5:

VICTORY:

So I had really been struggling before coming on project.  School was hard this past semester and there was drama at work before I left.  I had basically allowed all those things to pull my focus off of Christ.  I had become lazy and self-indulgent and pretty selfish in general.  I was counting on God to use Project to revitalize me...but I came in drained.  I already struggle with feeling loved, excepted, listened to, and wanted.  I hadn't struggled with it in years but for some reason had been struggling with that again.  In addition, I had been struggling with feeling like a failure.  In those weak moments you can be filled by Christ's spirit or you begin to believe lies.  I had become angry and was questioning if it was all worth it.  Therefore...when I came on Project my nerves were exposed, so to speak.  I think thats part of some of the tension...on top of being the only one from NKU not on staff here and being the oldest here.  BUT I hope and believe that God will use that unique circumstance to really speak to some people here (including other students on the project) and in some ways He already is.  There's a real increase in vulnerability and accountability.  There is an obvious element of spiritual warfare but God simply and affectively uses it to grow us.

So we went job hunting today and searched all over again.  One of the places we went to:  Tuscany, recommended we go to Castaways near the Navy Pier.  Well we went every where but there (Jordan, Bekah and I)...but as we wound up our search--on the hottest day so far--God put it on my heart to persist on Castaways.  Jordan was exhausted by the heat and headed back...Bekah agreed to go to Castaways with me...We got there and the manager asked us to fill out apps (Bekah and I) and said "then we'll talk".  After we turned them in he asked a few simple questions then said:  "come back friday to start orientation"...it was great!! Praise God!

We had our first Action Group tonight as well:  leader's studies.  We discussed Galatians and a paradigm method of 'on-the-job evangelism' called Cojourners...there was some great vulnerability there.

Great day!!

Praises:
-JOB!!!!!
-Vulnerability and connections forming

Prayer requests:
-That God would use me there at work

No comments:

Post a Comment